Friday, January 05, 2007

Bachelor Pad Art

Here's round two of the handmade Xmas gifts. Kyle's new apartment needed some color and interest on the walls, so when I got home from Colorado I dove into two collages for him.

The idea for the first came from a comment he made about hating blank walls above the toilet. We joked that only a guy would really notice that (since they face that way when, well, you get the idea). I had purchased a stack of 1940s Esquire magazines at a garage sale, so those pin-ups and funky "be manly and wear this brand of sock garter" ads just begged to entertain Kyle when he might otherwise be bored. ;-)





The other collage is a little more mainstream. His guest bathroom is done in a shell theme with red and tan, so here's what I came up with:





Kyle liked both collages and is now pretty well entertained in both bathrooms!

1 comment:

shauna said...

I LOVE these collages! Your son is so lucky to have a mom who makes such cool art! What a find those Esquire mags were! I got a great chuckle out of the "do you inhale" double entendre. My son would appreciate that collage also!
Shauna