Friday, January 11, 2008

My First Assemblage

At the request of my former collage teacher, I agreed to make an assemblage incorporating a paper maché heart for a charity auction. After a few fits and starts, I decided to base the piece on a metal sign from an aircraft carrier that says "Ice Cream Room." Thus the ice cream colors and the attempts at coating the elements with "ice."






















The ice is made from a product called "Frozen Opals" plus layers of "Glossy Accents." I found that if I squeezed on the Glossy Accents, let it drip just a bit, then hit the drips with a heat gun, I could capture the drips.

Once again, I've run up against my limited photography skills, but you get the idea!

1 comment:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

wow! I really like this and the button roof! Great job!