Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Nona's Journal

Now that she's received it, I can post photos of a journal I made for a friend in New Zealand. She inspired me by admiring my doodle-sketch borders, so I made her a journal full of them!

Here's the cover:



And here are some of the inside pages:











I scanned all the pages before sending it to her, and I'm working on finding a way to reproduce the pages so they're on high-quality paper, but the copies are not too expensive, so I can then bind the copied pages into handmade books to sell. If I find a way to make it work, you'll hear it first here!

2 comments:

Nona said...

Woohoo!! It's MINE, all MINE I tell you!
Oh, is this "live"? [taps microphone]
Er,mm, hello all. This is Nona speaking, and I just want to say what a Wonderful journal this is, and to urge you all to order it Right Away, um, with Custom Cover! Hrr-mmm, Thank you!
How was that?

Anonymous said...

:~:~*Lori*~:~:~

I have no clue how to even start these wicked gems!! =O I have read many articles about handmade books + journals, and I have seen images of fellow artists who have also made them... I wonder if its easy in the beginning or if its better not to attempt on your own but take a class!? So you can get "hands on" learning!? I might opt for that instead, as I do sooo much better when someone is *there!* =) *smiles*

Love the outcome! Hmmmmm... you can order these!?

~:~*Indi

PS: let me guess... paypal only!?