Thursday, May 31, 2007

My First Knitted and Felted Bag

I just finished my fist knitted and felted bag, using yarn I got at the thrift store! It was really chunky wool, so it knitted up in just a few evenings, but didn't felt as completely as I had expected. The fabric is still very strong, though. I just kind of changed colors as the spirit moved me.





Here's the thing: I think it's too plain-looking. I'm thinking of adding some vintage pink buttons around the rim or something. Or maybe some tassels on the side where the handles are tied together.

Please let me know what you think!

Lori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just showed Bob your blog and
he said," Lori is a good artist".
Jean

Nona said...

MY vote is for JAZZ!

Anonymous said...

Follow your creative instinct. You never seem to go wrong with your artistic impressions!

You did a great job for your first felted tote. It's a fun process to knit and felt. Very gratifying.

BTW, LOVE your postcards. I just bought (which I had, and loaned and never got back), the "Griffin and Sabine" series of books. I found them in a used book store. I wanted to re-read them. Your postcards reminded me of the the art in the books. They tell their own stories! BEAUTIFUL!!