Monday, September 18, 2006

Smoke and Progress

Though the smoke and ash from the massive Day fire has altered my plans a bit, I have been making steady progress on my studio. Painting furnuture and my floor canvas outside has not been possible, but I was able to paint a small cabinet in the garage (photos of that after it's all done).

Mark has been a big help. He hung the curtain rod on which I'm going to hang the yellow curtains after I stamp them with fabric paint. And he is still working on the best way to get an electrical box installed on the workstation. Of course, Tinkerbell keeps me company as I work in the studio.



I added a Vyco board cover to the top of the workstation. This stuff is really nice. It's self-healing for punctures, and will protect the table top, but is not as sturdy as the self-healing mat you see in the photo. I was surprised that it attaches with double-sided tape! And the cost for it was reasonable.



I also finished my little folding chair (thanks, Susan!) and one of the tablecloths. I love the colors, and this chair will be perfect when I find a little desk for my sewing machine.



I'm off to finish varnishing the cupboard so Mark can help me move it in before he leaves town for the rest of the week. Then back to "real" work.

No comments: