Friday, April 30, 2010

Forays Into Jewelry

oh, boy. I've been resisting jewelry making for some time, knowing that I don't have room for more STUFF in my house. But I've succumbed (sp?).

Here are some funky steampunk necklaces I made from thrift store finds and old watch parts:







And some cocoon bead bracelets (a Nina Bagley invention taught to me by Diana):







And the jewel in the crown: a pendant I made in a class with Carl Stanley. This is done 100% from scratch, with sheets of sterling silver, copper, sterling wire, a Cubic Zirconia, and found objects. There are eight (count 'em!) cold connections in this baby, including three kinds of handmade rivets, folding tabs, and staples. What a learning experience!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I'm delighted to see the final version of the cold connections sample piece! I tried to finish mine, but I misplaced the split rivet and the tab to hold the dangle on mine, so it's back to square one. Your cocoon bead pieces are terrific, too!