Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas 2008: New Traditions

Another holiday season has whizzed by and I'm finally getting a chance to have a look back at all we did and made this year.

For the first time in a long while, our family was split up on Christmas. My sis-in-law Amy went to great lengths to create some new traditions for us, including a sleepover with matching jammies for all the girls! Here are some goofy shots of our celebration with my brother's family and my friend Nona from New Zealand:









I didn't make as many gifts as usual this year, but did get a few done. Here is a collage I made for Kyle and Mel's living room, to go with their Asian colors and theme:





And a scarf I made for Mel:





I made this Sedona collage in my mixed media class at Ventura College with my parents in mind. Unfortunately, i ordered the wrong size frame for it!







And several family members and friends got sets of magnetic poetry tiles that I made. The rest are for sale at a shop here in Ojai.









It just got mailed today, but i finally finished a hat and scarf for my sister out of some gorgeous natural and hand-dyed alpaca:



I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's it for now.

1 comment:

Nona said...

Woo-hoo! I love how the matching scarf came out.
Christmas was Excellent chez Amy & Mark. Amy was a marvelous hostess, and the Slumber Party was a roaring success!
Amazed at the pic of us in same-size jammies! LOL!
One of my BEST Christmases Ever!