Thursday, October 30, 2008

Family Visits in Denver

Wow. Ten days in Denver went so fast! I had such a great visit with my son Kyle and his girlfriend Mel and my sister and her family. I also met Mel's family and had a fun time with them.

Kyle and Mel have a new apartment and it's fantastic. Hard wood floors, two bedrooms (a guest room for Mom!), two bathrooms, a big loft for Kyle's "man cave," and a view of the snow-capped Rockies and the sunset. And it was good to see the grand-kitties, Loki and Oni and meet Mel's cat Bella (who only bit me once!).













I had so much fun with Jen and Jim and Ryan and Alexa. On the first day, we went out to the ranch where Jen keeps her two horses. Four-year-old Lexi took most of these photos!



















I spent lots of time doing art stuff with the kids. They loved drawing and using stencils with metallic markers on black paper, painting little wooden toys, and doing origami.









Kyle and Mel and I took the kids to the Downtown Denver Aquarium one day and enjoyed it so much. We took our time and relaxed, had a great lunch, and the kids spent a lot of time petting the bat rays and stingrays!











On my last full day, Jen and I took the kids down to Garden of the Gods, a beautiful park at the foot of Pike's Peak featuring fantastic rock formations. We also went to the funky little mountain town of Manitou Springs and ran into their annual coffin race and hearse parade and had lunch at a wonderful little diner. Of course, this was the day all my camera batteries decided to die, so I've got to go steal some of Jen's photos from her online album. I did get a few:











Can't wait to go back and see more of this gorgeous state and it's new inhabitants from California!

No comments: