Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Calendar Round Robin

I joined a round robin with eight other artists in which we start altering a page-per-week calendar, then send it off and a different person works in it each month. My calendar is entitled "Around the World" and contains vintage photos of scenes from all over. Some are recognizable, like the Alps, and others show children in poverty, or tourists on a street.

I had a great time collaging the photos in a way that incorporated the main part of the photo. I started with a travel and postage theme, but some of the photos suggested other themes to me, such as an imaginary world created by the kids living in poverty.

Because we had two months to get the calendar ready to ship, I did lots of pages!

























Here are a couple of closer scans of my favorite pages:









1 comment:

Nona said...

Oh, Lori!! This is Simply EXquisite!! I am completely in Awe of your talent!!
What a magnificent contribution to the Big U!
Sending you Art-Return Karma in a big way :-)