Monday, October 22, 2007

Swaps Amid Boutique Mania

I've managed to finish a couple of swaps in between all the work I've been doing for the crafts boutique in a couple of weeks. I hadn't realized when I signed up for the boutique that a lot of work would have to go into non-salable items, such as business cards, tags, bags, booth planning, etc. Of course, I can't just do plain old business cards, mine have to be hand-embossed or collaged on the back, so I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself, as usual!

Anyway, here's my October postcard swap. The colors are orange and indigo. I received this image in a supplies swap, and she just looked like a witch in training to me. I made extras of these to sell at the boutique, too. I have no idea whether people will buy original art postcards, but I'm going to find out!



And here's a page in Red Dog's black, light blue, and silver True Colors journal. This is much simpler than my usual work, but when I thought of various things I could add to it, nothing seemed to work and I just kind of liked it the way it is.

2 comments:

Nona said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Witchy Women postcard!! What a great image to get in a swap!
Cheers, Nona

Nona said...

This is gorgeous, Lori. It's good to know when Enough is Just Right.